The 70th Anniversary Exhibition Of Erizen At Happo-en










Last month, I went to the 70th anniversary exhibition of my favorite kimono shop, Erizen. The place was Happo-en. The staff told me that I could see the obi of The Tale of Genzi at the exhibition. The obi made by Itaro Ymaguchi (1901-2007) who was so famous obi artisan in Kyoto. He presented his obi of The Tale of Genzi Guimet Museum france in 1955. In 2003, I saw it in Okura Museum Of Art, and I was really excited! I have the obi Yasujiro Yamaguchi(1904-2010) who was brother of Itaro Ymaguchi. I wore the obi for this exhibition because I wanted their works to see together. I couldn’t take the photo at the chance, but they seemed so happy! By the way, I tried the grey kimono designed Chintz. The color would rather seemed silver than grey. It might be to be shining by reflexion of silk. The staff combined the gorgeous and chic obi with the kimono. I would like to get Iromuji (a single-colored kimono). I think that it might be nice that the color is grey like silver. After lovely lunch, the cherry blossoms in the garden were already in bloom!

先月、ゑり善さんの会社設立70周年記念のイベントが八芳園でありました。 担当さんから、「山口伊太郎さんの源氏物語錦織絵巻を展示しますのぜひ!」とのことでしたので、 伊太郎さんの弟の安次郎さんの唐織りの帯を締めて行ってきました。 ご兄弟の再会になるかなあと思ったので。 この奇跡の瞬間は撮影できませんでしたが、帯が喜んでいるように見えました。 2003年に大倉集古館で初めて源氏物語錦織絵巻を見たときの感激は『平松昭子の着物事件簿』でマンガになっています。 今回は2度目でしたが、やはり素晴らしかったです。 さてこの日、着せていただいた鼠色の着物は更紗の文様が美しくデザインされ、とてもきれいでした。 ゴージャスで上品な帯も合わせていただきました。 鼠色は、グレートというよりも、絹の光沢でシルバーのように感じます。 次は色無地を誂えたいと思っているのですが、鼠色がとてもいいような気がしてきました。 可愛らしいお昼をいただき、お庭に出ると桜が咲いていました。

Erizen kimono, Yasujiro Yamaguchi obi from Erizen, Komatsuya zori, Estnation stole, Saint Laurent bag

You May Also Like

Comments

  1. I enjoyed this post, Akiko. So many beautiful things and you do look amazing in that kimono.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, Akiko! And you have very good taste, I love your kimonos! You look gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Akiko! I love the color so much - it complements your skin tone and totally stands out!
    I love kimonos - they look so feminine, I hardly can imagine a women looking worse in kimono

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kimono! You look lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool event. I love this location and your kimono is just gorgeous

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures and happy 70th anniversary exhibition.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful place, and this kimono is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome place!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment